Careers at Arlington National Cemetery
Below are the current openings at Arlington National Cemetery. Some will be open to the public, others will be targeted to federal employees, veterans and other personnel.
All postings are on USAjobs.gov and all applicants must use the apply function on the job announcement page to be considered. Arlington National Cemetery does not accept resumes or provide public offerings away from the USAJobs website.
Along with this web page, you can follow us on Twitter @ArlingtonNatl and #WorkAtANC for new job announcements.
03/25/2020 to 04/03/2020
- Install, repair, and/or replaces plumbing fixtures of any type, and any size water, sewer, storm lines up to 6-inch in diameter.
- Construct, install, repair, and modify wood, wood substitute structures, and other items requiring close tolerance fit and structural soundness.
- Paint, plaster, and perform a variety of masonry repairs.
- Mix concrete or cement with proper proportions in gravel, sand, lime, cement and water.
- Prepare surfaces by methods such as smoothing with pumice and rottenstone, filling, shaping, and leveling with metal and synthetic resins, and mixing and applying pre-coating agents.
- Build sheds, cabinets, and installs shades, blinds, and tile.
- Install, repair, and/or replaces any type of electrical fixtures, and any size electrical lines from 110 - 220 volts circuits.
For more information and to apply, visit this job announcement on USAjobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563729700
03/27/2020 to 04/03/2020
- Lead employees in the accomplishment cemetery caretaking work
- Prepare grave sites for interment services by placing planks, greens, chairs, tarpaulins, tents, and lowering devices, and removing equipment following the interment services.
- Operate dump trucks, stake and platform trucks, pickup trucks, and tractors and tractor attachments to transport work equipment and materials around the cemetery.
- Back fill grave sites using shovel and hand tamper, levels grave sites and replaces floral items on graves, and removes excess soil from graves by loading in truck or trailer.
- Place grave markers to specified height and alignment in accordance with section layout plan.
- Set up for special ceremonies in such areas as the amphitheater and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks, assuring that it is not overloaded and that the load is properly and safely distributed.
For more information and to apply, visit this job announcement on USAjobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563979600