Order of Events
We are honored you have chosen ANC as the final resting place for your loved one. Here is what to expect on the day of your service.
The next of kin or family representative should provide the funeral start time to guests. (The start time may also be listed on the ANC website if the next of kin has authorized).
45 minutes prior to the scheduled service time:
- Family and guests arrive to the cemetery on Memorial Avenue.
- Our gate guards will direct you to park in our queuing lanes (signage will let you know which lane is dedicated to your service).
- The receptionist will guide you to your assigned family room.
- Note: Funeral services beginning at the Old Post Chapel must report to Fort Myer at least one hour prior to the start of the service to go through security.
10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled service time:
- Family and guests are provided guidance on the funeral procession by the family's assigned ANC representative.
- Procession departs from queuing lanes, led by the family's assigned ANC representative, to the gravesite location or transfer point.
The service generally lasts 20-30 minutes, including:
- Committal service is conducted.
- Military funeral honors are rendered.
- Family departs gravesite to exit the cemetery.