Thank you for your interest in volunteering for National Wreaths Across America Day at Arlington National Cemetery on December 16!
Here are a few tips to help you. Be mindful that these are hallowed grounds.
• Please be respectful of all graves, turf, monuments and headstones, as well as other volunteers
• Please be mindful of equipment operators, and follow the directions of ANC staff at all times.
• Give vehicles and heavy equipment the right of way and let them pass in roadways.
• Please follow instructions from ANC employees to have a safe experience.
• Dress for the weather and bring water to stay hydrated during the event.
• To protect your hands, we recommend bringing gloves to safely carry wreaths to gravesites.
• Consult a map of the cemetery for locations of restrooms.
• Download our ANC Explorer app for locations of gravesites.
• We ask visitors not to lay wreaths on headstones marked with the Star of David, out of respect for Jewish traditions. However, please do not remove a wreath for any reason, in case a family has specifically placed it there.
• Please only lay ONE wreath per headstone, memorial marker or columbarium niche. Please lay wreaths only at the fronts of headstones.
• If a child is lost, the reunification point will be at the funeral queueing lanes outside of the Administrative Building.
• Visitors are encouraged to explore our Education Program (www.education.arlingtoncemetery.mil) to learn about the history of the cemetery and those laid to rest here.