Visitors to Arlington National Cemetery who use the Metro will be affected by SafeTrack Surge 12. The maintenance will take place Feb. 11-28 on the Blue Line, with no trains running between the Rosslyn Station and Pentagon Station. Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed, however, there will be a free shuttle service between the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery that drops off and picks up passengers adjacent to the Arlington Cemetery Station.
Arlington National Cemetery visitors have multiple travel options to visit the cemetery:
1) Use the free shuttle service between the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery.
2) Walk from the Rosslyn Metro Station to the Ord and Weitzle Gate adjacent to the Marine Corps War Memorial. (Approximately a .75 mile walk)
According to the WMATA website, on weekdays:
No Blue Line trains will be in service
• In Virginia, use Yellow or Yellow Rush+ and transfer at L'Enfant Plaza to continue your trip
• In Maryland, use Silver Line instead
Yellow Rush+ trains will run all day between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt
Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed (free shuttle buses will run between Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery)
Train frequency during rush hours:
• Yellow Line runs every 8 minutes between Huntington & Mt Vernon Square.
• Yellow Rush+ runs every 8 minutes between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt.
• Green Line runs every 8 minutes between Branch Ave & Greenbelt.
During midday and late evening hours, Yellow Line and Yellow Rush+ trains will run every 12 minutes on each line (every 6 minutes at stations normally served by both Yellow and Blue lines).
Blue Line customers in Virginia should consider alternate travel options during this surge.
Expect crowding on all Yellow Line trains between DC and Virginia.
https://www.wmata.com/service/status/details/Surge-12.cfmAfter 10 p.m. all trains will operate every 20 minutes.
Visitors and guests are highly encouraged to allow extra travel time to Arlington National Cemetery during this SafeTrack Surge.
For more information, visit https://www.wmata.com/service/status/details/Surge-12.cfm.