In collaboration with the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), public access to the Air Force Memorial will be closed on July 4. While we recognize that it has become an annual tradition for many visitors and local community members to view the fireworks and commemorate this patriotic day from the Air Force Memorial, this is an active construction site involving multiple road closures, which poses a significant safety and security risk. Our priority is to keep our visitors safe and allow them the time needed to make alternative plans this holiday.
In addition, the only way to access Arlington National Cemetery will be via the ramp from southbound Route 110 to Memorial Avenue. The following roads in the vicinity of the cemetery will be closed (scroll down for a map):
6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Memorial Bridge and Memorial Circle
• Northbound George Washington Parkway (14th Street Bridge to Theodore Roosevelt Bridge)
4:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
• Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
• Marshall Drive, from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
• N. Meade Street, from Marshall Drive to N. Fairfax Drive (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge; local traffic only)
• Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive, from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
• Long Bridge Drive, from Boundary Channel Drive to 6th Street South
9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Fort Myer Drive, between 19th Street North and Arlington Boulevard