ARLINGTON, VA - Arlington National Cemetery (ANC) will be open to family pass holders only on July 4, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The cemetery will be closed to the public. Cemetery grounds will close to all promptly at 5:00 p.m.
Eligible visitors are reminded that the family pass only authorizes visitation to their loved one’s grave. Touring the cemetery with a family pass is not authorized, and all family pass holders must depart the cemetery immediately following their gravesite visit. The Memorial Amphitheater area, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, President John F. Kennedy’s gravesite and the ANC Welcome Center are all closed.
Additional guidance for the Fourth of July is listed below:
- Eligible visitors are reminded that they must have an original, official, issued Arlington National Cemetery family pass in hand. Photocopies, cell phone photographs or any other form of a family pass will not be accepted.
- For family pass holders, information on the operating status of ANC facilities is available at https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Visit.
- Valid government ID must be presented to enter the cemetery.
- Due to CDC guidance and DoD regulations, the Welcome Center is closed, and temporary passes will not be issued.
- The cemetery will close to all promptly at 5:00 p.m.
- The cemetery remains closed to the public.
- ANC grounds and property will NOT be used as a viewing location for the Independence Day fireworks display in the nation’s capital.
- The Air Force Memorial site and surrounding grounds will NOT be available for any Fourth of July activities beyond pedestrian visitation during published operating hours. Please see the Air Force District of Washington’s website for more information: https://www.afdw.af.mil/afmemorial/
For additional information, please visit the ANC website at www.ArlingtonCemetery.mil, contact the ANC Call Center at 1-877-907-8585 or visit us on social media @ArlingtonNatl.