Arlington National Cemetery opens to the public daily at 8 a.m. From April 1 to Sept. 30 the cemetery closes at 7 p.m., the other six months it closes at 5 p.m.
Ample paid parking is available to visitors, accessible from Memorial Drive. The parking garage closes 1 hour after the cemetery.
Arlington National Cemetery has installed an automated parking pay system. The parking procedures are:
- Take a ticket from ticket dispenser upon entering the garage
- Keep your ticket with you when you exit your vehicle.
- Pay at the kiosks in the Welcome Center before returning to the parking facility. There are CASH and CREDIT CARD pay stations inside the Welcome Center.
- CREDIT CARD ONLY pay stations are located in the parking facility exit lanes.
- Once your ticket is paid, you will have 20 minutes to exit the parking facility with your receipt ticket.
- If you lose your parking ticket, you must obtain and pay for a lost ticket at the pay stations inside the Welcome Center. Lost tickets are subject to the “7-8 Hour” daily charge.
REDUCE WAIT TIME IN EXIT LINES BY PAYING INSIDE AT THE WELCOME CENTER
Tour operators: Transponders are available through Penn Parking. Please call (410) 782-9110 for details.
$1.75 per hour for the first three hours, and $2.50 per hour thereafter.
$7.00 per hour for the first three hours and $14.00 per hour thereafter.
During all hours the cemetery is open, the Arlington Cemetery Metro stop is regularly served by high-speed subway trains. The cemetery is also a stop on most tour guide itineraries.
Vehicular access is controlled at Arlington National Cemetery. Tour bus and visiting bus access to the Memorial Amphitheater and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in conjunction with an event is authorized by exception only and not authorized prior to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday due to funeral services.