On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, a Public Scoping Meeting was held to discus the proposed Arlington National Cemetery (ANC) Southern Expansion Project and Associated Roadway Realignment in Arlington County.
ANC is proposing to increase its contiguous acreage by utilizing an area adjacent to the existing cemetery, the former Navy Annex site, now known as the Southern Expansion site. To accomplish this, the cemetery has been working with the owners and operators of the adjacent road network, Arlington County and VDOT, to pursue a roadway realignment and land exchange agreement.
For more information visit the project website:
Scoping comments may be submitted until May 31, 2016, at SouthernExpansion@usace.army.mil
Heritage Documentation Programs, NPS architects Ryan Pierce and Mark Schara, together with intern Sergio Lizarraga (Montgomery College), have recently begun a project to document the McClellan Gate at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia; and the Main Gate at the United States Soldiers' and Airmen's Home National Cemetery, in Washington, District of Columbia.
Both gates were erected under the supervision of Montgomery C. Meigs, Quartermaster General of the U.S. Army, circa 1880. The documentation project is sponsored by Arlington National Cemetery.
For more information:
Beginning on Saturday, April 16, 2016, driver’s licenses and identification cards from some state and territories in the United States do not comply with the Real ID Act of 2006 and will no longer be accepted as primary identification for people to gain access to Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH).
As detailed in the Real ID Act of 2005, driver's licenses and identification cards from Illinois, Missouri, the territory of American Samoa and some IDs Minnesota and Washington currently do not meet federal regulations and cannot be used as primary forms of ID for base access. Those who possess an Enhanced Driver’s License that is designated as acceptable for border-crossing documents from Minnesota and Washington are acceptable as a primary form of ID for access to JBM-HH.
Please call JBM-HH Military Police for any questions concerning access to the base at 703-588-2800/2801.
Alternate compliant IDs:
· Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
· U.S. passport
· U.S. passport card
· DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
· U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
· Permanent resident card
· Border crossing card
· DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
· Airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
· Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
· HSPD-12 PIV card
· Foreign government-issued passport
· Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
· Transportation worker identification credential
· Immigration and Naturalization Service Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
· Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDLs) from Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, and Washington